[3830] NAQP CW KN3A Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Jan 9 18:00:42 EST 2021

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: KN3A
Operator(s): KN3A
Station: KN3A

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: PA
Operating Time (hrs):

Total:  106    43  Total Score = 4,558

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Team: CORNWALL

Comments:

I decided to do a QRP entry and went to Samuel Lewis State Park and set up
portable with Hustler resonators on a 5 foot mast with 6 radials around it on my
Wolf River Coil tripod. Figured I would work a few stations on each band, but to
my surprise if I could hear them, I was pretty much going to work them. Thanks
to everyone who heard my QRP signal from my Icom 705 from inside my car. For
those who POTA, our QSO will also be submitted to POTA. This was the first time
I used the Hustler antennas, and they are far superior to the MFJ Hamsticks. The
only reason I quit when I did is because we have to be out of the state parks at
sunset.

NAQP are my favorite contests and today was the most fun of all of them.

Scott
KN3A