[3830] NAQP CW N5AW Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 10 09:57:26 EST 2021

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: N5AW
Operator(s): N5AW
Station: N5AW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Texas (EM00)
Operating Time (hrs): 9:55

   10:    2     1
-------------------
Total: 1384   200  Total Score = 276,800

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Team: CTDXCC Team Pfizer

Comments:

Fun but a little disappointed. My K3s is out for repair so set up my spare K3 on
Friday. Thought everything was working but problems quickly appeared when the
contest started. Not only that, I had a configuration error in the contest
software. As a result I had to spend some time straightening things out and
ended up with just 25 QSOs in the first 40 minutes. By contrast I had 65 in the
next 20 minutes. Also had fairly frequent Winkey problem that required a reset.
I've been unable to find the cause - possibly RF. On top of all that the hearing
in my left ear has gotten so poor that SO2R is very difficult - only 5 second
radio QSOs. So much for excuses. Was great to work all states except Wyoming on
20 (never heard WY on any band). Like N3BB I probably spent too much time on 20
and 40 and missed a lot of mults on the other bands but as N3BB said the high
rates on 20 and 40 are addictive. I really like this contest because of the 12
hour time period and required time off. A lot easier on us old guys and the off
times keep the XYL from feeling totally abandoned.