[3830] NAQP CW WA9LEY Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 10 12:07:23 EST 2021

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: WA9LEY
Operator(s): WA9LEY
Station: WA9LEY

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs):

   15:   13     4
Total:  245    89  Total Score = 21,805

Club: Metro DX Club

Team: Metro Key Pounders

Comments:

My first 140 Q's were Mobile activating 4 Parks On The Air parks along I80. It
was cold but sunny and a nice day to take a short road trip. Rig was a FT891 to
an ATAS120A on a mag mount. Later, at home, I found out that the vertical
portion of my 160 meter inverted L loads up well on 80. The horizontal part is
coiled up and hanging on a branch very near to the vertical end. With just a
couple hours left in the contest, I decided to just stay on 80 where I made my
last 95 contacts.