[3830] NAQP CW KE3X Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 10 16:49:43 EST 2021

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: KE3X
Operator(s): KE3X
Station: KE3X

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: DC

   20:  74     23
   15:   9      7
Total:  83     30  Total Score = 2,490

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

Shortly after the start, I received an email that I would be the only coach for
Connor U16 hockey team at Capitals Iceplex, not just for Saturday night's game
but for the whole season.   Great news overall, but timing not optimal since
NAQP CW only happens twice per year.  So the rest of the afternoon was spent
memorizing the player roster, finding a parent to run the clock, etc.  In the
evening game we were trailing 6-7 with 1 minute left ... then pulled our goalie
and tied it up - it was pretty awesome and the kids all had fun.   (Grateful
their VA-based team is having a season ... Connor's High School team based in DC
was cancelled 3 weeks ago by order of the mayor.  It's so sad what is happening
to kids sports now.)

Thanks to Mark KD4D for helping me get my SO2R configuration working again,
following an unexpected Windows 10 update, and for lending me a cable to replace
a balky one.

Also I gave the Lenovo Thinkpad Compact USB Trackpoint Keyboard a try, which
Marko N5KO had suggested a while back.   I liked it - unlike some other compact
keyboards, it has two little legs on the back to support it at an incline.   A
pair of those take up very little space on the desk.   Only $59 on Amazon.

See you in the next one.

Ken KE#X