[3830] NAQP CW W1DYJ Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 10 17:50:56 EST 2021

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: W1DYJ
Operator(s): W1DYJ
Station: W1DYJ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Maine
Operating Time (hrs): 6:20

   15:    3     3
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  136    75  Total Score = 10,200

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Team: YCCC Modernan Mavericks

Comments:

Whenever I mention to my XYL that I will be in an unassisted CW contest
with my little pistol station, as she knows my meager skills, she asks
"WHY?" I answer that I like to "expand my brain," hopefully
a better
reason than masochism!  The NAQP CW is a perfect contest in which to do this:
low power for all and only 10 hours max time.  I decided to make
this part of my continuing quest to improve my CW listening, so my goal
was accuracy, not score.

Obviously, 100% S&P and I basically ignored anyone over 35 wpm -- it just
wasn't worth the time to decipher the name at that speed; call and state
are not so bad, and my history file usually helps there.

The afternoon was a bit slow, and I should have spent more time on 20
and 15. (I heard nothing on 10.) Early evening was noisy on 40 and 80.
After dinner 80 and 160 were the bands of choice here on mid-coast
Maine. My fourth January NAQP CW and my best yet.

RIG: TS590S
ANTENNAS:
	 160, 80, 20, 10 - fan dipole at 30'
		>> 4 wires: 160-trap-80 / 30 / 20 / 10
	 40, 15 >> 1/4 lambda 40M vertical, 4 elevated radials at 10'
Logger: N3FJP's NAQP Contest Log v5.2
BIC = 6:20 ["official" 30 minute time = 7:40]

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ