[3830] NAQP CW N3HEE M/2 LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 10 19:47:08 EST 2021

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: N3HEE
Operator(s): N3HEE
Station: N3HEE

Class: M/2 LP
QTH: SC

   15:   42     9
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  614   185  Total Score = 113,590

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

Started off at 1PM local time. Not much happening on the high bands for me.
However, 40 and 80 meters were fantastic with an endless supply of QSO's ! Lots
of activity on 160 meters however I did not go outside and convert my single
80-10 EFHW antenna to 160 meters for this contest. Instead I used the tuner in
the K3 for 160 meters with much higher SWR and less than half power. I would
have had many more mults and Q's on 160 meters if I used my proper 160 antenna.
Need to build a switching relay soon. Took a long break for happy hour and
dinner at 5:30 PM local time and got back on the air at 8PM local time. Lots of
fun watching the online scores to keep me in the chair much longer than
planned.

K3/100 and single 80-10 EFHW antenna with apex at 50 feet.

73 and Happy New Year to all !

Joe
N3HEE