[3830] NAQP CW N6AN Single Op QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 11 01:07:56 EST 2021

                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: N6AN
Operator(s): N6AN
Station: N6AN

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: DM04vd
Operating Time (hrs): 5:20

   80:    1     1
   40:   23     7
   20:  105    31
   15:    9     6
Total:  138    45  Total Score = 6,210

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC #4

Comments:

Another operation from Flint Peak. I will upload these SOTA W6/CT-225 QSOs for
any of you who chase summits.
My start was delayed by 30 minutes. It was hard to get out of the apartment
Saturday morning.
KX3 @ 5 watts and 100' doublet with CAT5 twisted pair feed.
15 did not sound very good and my QSO total was poor. 20 was pretty good. I
managed QSOs with JH1GEX, D4C and both ZF ops and AK to NB to FL for pretty good
coverage of North America. CQing either got no responses or a maximum of two
QSOs before I moved back to S&P trying to rescue some sense of rate.
With an important birthday to celebrate in the evening sunset was QRT time and I
missed good hours on 40 and 80. The weather cooperated, it was sunny on the peak
with little wind. We are supposed to experience temps in the 80s by the end of
the week. So much for winter, hi!
Congratulations to the big scorers. It's fun to try keeping the rhythm with the
big kids while hand sending and paper logging.
One wonderful thing about being on a peak while operating is the ever present
panoramic view.
Thanks for the QSOs.

73,
David N6AN