[3830] NAQP SSB KK1L Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 17 00:39:49 EST 2021

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: KK1L
Operator(s): KK1L
Station: KK1L

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: VT

   10:    3     2
-------------------
Total: 1030   177  Total Score = 182,310

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Team: YCCC Phone Fanatics

Comments:

Wet heavy snow at the contest start! Not an antenna busting snow, but detuned
all the antennas low. 20m workable. 15m 5:1. 10m 5:1. 40m only good lower 1/2 of
phone. Took 30min at 1840Z to check the connections and determined it must be
the snow. TX keydown with the amp to melt stuff...so I hoped. Sort of worked.
Got back on 30 min later. Things had not improved so well, but I just worked
folks best I could. Took 40m off at 2240Z to smack the tower with an
arm-n-hammer hammer which definitely helped knock snow off the 40m and
tribander. Jiggled the Inv-Vs for 80m and 160m and although they were still a
bit lower than normal in the bands worked well. Could have done better on 15m
and 10m I think...missed some mults. Had a great time. I have not been on
seriously for NAQP in years.

1000MP
Skyhawk 3x10 90'
XM240 98'