[3830] NAQP SSB K0UK Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 17 09:36:02 EST 2021

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: K0UK
Operator(s): K0UK
Station: K0UK

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO
Operating Time (hrs): 9:51

   10:    2     1
-------------------
Total: 1076   156  Total Score = 167,856

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Team: GM-Gannett Peak

Comments:

I want to thank N7MZW Chuck for being the WY. cowboy to rope us GMCC mavericks
into teams for this Jan NAQP SSB. Great work Chuck. Your the MAN...
 Started on 80 to pick up close in stuff from club members then went to both 40
and 10. I could hear the NCCC guys on 10mtrs but they couldn't hear me. From
there it is was the 15/20 rock and roll. My greatest enemy is not moving stuff
from band to band. I know better but when the run is going it seems to go out of
my mind. This cost me mults and qso's. Was rocking till 20 faded and then it
seemed that 20 just died. Did 2 breaks before 0000Z.40 was rocking till that 2nd
break and when I came back, pulling teeth time. My goal is 300+ Q's on 40 but
just couldn't generate the rate. When I hit 80/160 there is time where its
usually famine. No difference just wait on the bands. 80/160 with calling
midwest couldn't get thru the eastern guys. 2 more breaks and it was 80/160 with
a fill now and then on 40mtrs till the end.
 I did at least get above 1K. Haven't done that in many years.
Observations:
Tennessee guys were out in force.
MD/DC guys were out in force.
K6's didn't work much west coast till I got to 40
Had to bulldozer a spot on 160.
Great turn out from LOCAL ham club guys WCARC, KB0YNA Kerry, W7LAD Lou, WE0B
Dan, K1TXS Wayne,W0GJT Mike,N0GTO Sam,
Neighbor has put solar on his roof. Noise floor is up Hmmm
Big praise my plasma tv down the street died. RIP you......
Big thanks to GMCC team mates and friends, N7MZW Chuck, W0CO Brad,W0GJT
Mike,N0GTO Sam,N0TA John,W0ETT Ken,WC7S Dale, W0PSY Marv,K0EU Ken,K7TD Terry,
N2IC Steve, N6RO Ken, N6ZFO Bill, W7RN Tom, K6MR Ken,WD0T Todd, K6KM Rob,WC6H
Rich, W6TK Dick,K7SS DanWA and others.
Lastly, Please pray for our country and its citizens in the name of Jesus
Christ. This was great fun for myself and others. I would hate to lose the
"Privilege". Nuff said! CU in the next one bbuk PTL...