[3830] NAQP SSB AE6JV Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 17 11:36:34 EST 2021

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: AE6JV
Operator(s): AE6JV
Station: AE6JV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Peterborough, NH

  160:    4     4
Total:  244   100  Total Score = 24,400

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC Team #2

Comments:

Rig: Upgraded K3 at 100W.

Antennas: 2 element 20M wire beam pointed toward Arizona, a 40M dipole pointed a
bit further west, and an 80M dipole pointed toward Arizona.

Well, I didn't make my goal of 300 QSOs. As this is the first time I tried
estimating how many Q's I'd make, I'll call it a learning experience.

At 1800z I started on 10M and, with no signals, quickly went to 15M which got
slow about 19:15z so I went outside to switch antennas by swapping feed lines.
20M lasted almost to 23:00z when I took my 2 hours break for dinner. I was back
in the chair at 00420z on 40M which carried me thru to 0325z with another trip
outside to change to 80M. At 0425z, I tried using my 80M dipole on 160M which
worked at least marginally in the CW contest. Yeah for the Elecraft K3's tuner.
I managed 4 Qs and 4 mults on 160M. Thanks for hanging with me there. I returned
to 80M at 0442z with one more no QSO try on 160M.

It was good to contact old and new friends, and thanks for all the Qs.