[3830] NAQP SSB K0EU Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 17 12:43:38 EST 2021

                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: K0EU
Operator(s): K0EU
Station: K0EU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CO

   15:    8     6
   10:    2     1
-------------------
Total: 1425   179  Total Score = 255,075

Club: Grand Mesa Contesters of Colorado

Team: GM-Longs Peak

Comments:

The 10 and 15 meter totals tell the story. Just before the start of the contest,
the DXMAPS.COM 10 meter map was a bundle of red lines (E-skip QSO's), all east
of the Mississippi. It looked this way last summer, too.

Tried to make the most of it by running hard on 20 and 40. Didn't find many
close-in states on 20, which is unusual. Lots of great operators made it easy to
keep the rate up high.

I apologize for being an alligator on 160M. I have the feeling I was one of few
Colorado stations making it out east. I know juicy mults were probably calling,
but I could only hear the loudest of the loud from out east. Thinking about
trying an SAL loop to see if that would help.

73 Randy K0EU (aka Ken)