[3830] ARRL Jan VHF W3SO(W3XOX) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 18 18:54:07 EST 2021

                    ARRL January VHF Contest - 2021

Call: W3SO
Operator(s): W3XOX
Station: W3SO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN00sn

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  426   109  Total Score = 46,325

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

DON'T TOUCH ANYTHING!
  (Miss you Marty)

Once again, I find myself with distaste for FT8. I started the contest calling
on 6M 30 minutes and not a QSO. Flipflop to 2M and it's dead except FT8. I
believe there is a place for ft8 in contesting but it needs reined in, or
corralled into certain time frames, SOMETHING. The adrenaline rush of being on
the back side of the pileup, pulling a call out of the noise, just isn't there
when one is simply clicking buttons. If we are to entice new contesters I don't
believe sitting at a keyboard and clicking keys is going to do it.
I look forward to Covid season ending and the return of the full W3SO team.
W3BTX, W3IDT, WR3R, WA3TTS, W3XOX, W3BC, W3SF.

73 Stay Safe and as always Good Luck in the Contest

Kevin P. Lear W3XOX