[3830] ARRL Jan VHF VA3ASE SO 3Band LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jan 18 20:46:30 EST 2021

                    ARRL January VHF Contest - 2021

Call: VA3ASE
Operator(s): VA3ASE
Station: VA3ASE

Class: SO 3Band LP
QTH: Keswick ON

  432:    8     2
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  167    73  Total Score = 12,775

Club: The Ontario VHF Association

Comments:

This was my second "serious" VHF contest entry and I'm pleased with my
results. Conditions were up and down but I managed to keep a regular trickle of
QSOs happening on 6m. At times I was working stations as far as southern Florida
and Louisiana and at other times I could barely get outside southern Ontario but
that kept things interesting. While I focused on 6m I had a regular stream of
QSOs on 2m as well via FT8, SSB or FM. Lots of local chatter on FM simplex was a
nice surprise. During slow times my son brought his lego over to the station and
we built lego cars and trucks together while calling CQ on FT8. Overall a nice
way to spend a quiet weekend.