[3830] CQ160 CW N1LN Single Op Assisted HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 31 11:27:59 EST 2021

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2021

Call: N1LN
Operator(s): N1LN
Station: N1LN

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: NC

Total:  QSOs = 1473  State/Prov = 59  Countries = 56  Total Score = 569,135

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I really miss the usual gang and working this contest as a M/S, but it was not
to be this year. To that point, as a SO entry I pushed hard on Friday night with
the only break from 0815Z to 1045Z. Conditions were not great to EU and the
expectations for the EU sunrise were nothing to brag about. The band was quite
but signals were very light copy.  Saturday morning did put one JA in the log,
but where were the VKs, ZLs and HLs that are usually on daily at almost every NC
sunrise. If they were there, I certainly could not hear them.  A few spotted
with the "Heard in" but that type of notification only adds to the
frustration.

Saturday night was as expected. Rates were very slow, band very crowded and EU
was very light copy again. So, I took a break to have dinner with my wife and
then, as I was existing on about 3 hours sleep, packed it in about 0400Z. I did
manage to get up at 1050Z for Sunday morning and even got JA number 2 in the
log, but once again, only frustrated with the "heard in" spots that I
could not hear HERE!

In the end I missed KL7 for States/Section, but I did see one of those
"heard in" spots.  Also missed LB, NT, NU and YT.  Thanks for all the
Qs, the starting gun OUTSTANDING RATES, and the repeats that were needed due to
the occasional heavy QSB.

Rig:

K3 / Acom 2000A
XMIT antenna: 120 foot shunt fed Rohn45
RX antennas: several simple beverages of varying length

73,
Bruce N1LN