[3830] CQ160 CW KP2M(KT3Y) Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 31 15:02:58 EST 2021

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2021

Call: KP2M
Operator(s): KT3Y
Station: KP2M

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: VI

Total:  QSOs = 956  State/Prov = 52  Countries = 49  Total Score = 652,561

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

A very difficult contest: there is a new S9 noise source spreading birdies
all across the band. It sounds like line noise, but with weird sputters
added too. It makes operating topband a miserable experience. Tracking
down this RFI (and resolving it- the hard part) won’t be easy so I am
considering a NCC-2 receive antenna phasing box to try to null it. I
turned off all power to the station so the noise is not coming from here.
Any and all ideas welcome at KT3Y at aol.com.
73, Phil KT3Y
K3, 1.5 KW, InvL (11m vert) with FCP @2m