[3830] CQ160 CW WS7L Single Op Assisted HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 31 17:01:10 EST 2021

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2021

Call: WS7L
Operator(s): WS7L
Station: WS7L

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: OR

Total:  QSOs = 327  State/Prov = 50  Countries = 8  Total Score = 46,400

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Condx were much better the second night. The first night, I had trouble with
most states east of the Mississippi, especially north of PA. But I would up
missing only ND, SD, and ME at the end of the second night. Plus of course many
rare and/or distant VE mults. DX was tough. The band was so dense with domestics
that almost every DX that was spotted was underneath at least one CQing local.
Finally after the sun rose over most of the US and quieted things down, I bagged
JH4UYB, HL5IVL, and RM0F for my only trans-oceanic contacts.

I never manage solid BIC in a 160 m contest because after an hour or two I've
worked everyone I can hear and CQ'ed until the rate drops below 15/hr. At that
point it's time to nap for an hour or three and try again.

73 and thanks for the Q's
Carl WS7L
K-Line + 15 m high top loaded vertical + N6RK receive loop