[3830] CQ160 CW K4BAI Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jan 31 17:46:56 EST 2021

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2021

Call: K4BAI
Operator(s): K4BAI
Station: K4BAI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: GA/USA
Operating Time (hrs): 12:18

Total:  QSOs = 769  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 20  Total Score = 139,840

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

TS590SG, KPA1500, inverted L.  My plans to operate PJ4A remotely for this
contest (as I did last year) fell through due to power failure to the house in
Bonaire.  No one's fault, but there was no one on the island who could get
repairs done before the contest.  As a result, Jeff, KU8E and I decided to enter
M/S HP from his house.  After we swapped off and on Friday night, Jeff decided
to finish up Saturday night and also operate some as a single op.  I did my own
single op from home using the new inverted L that Jeff built and put up for me
last month.  Thanks for all the QSOs.  There is no direct comparison between
Friday and Saturday due to being at different locations, but I thought Saturday
night had generally better band conditions that Friday.  We didn't work much
Europe/Africa before European sunrise the first night and only one station
(E7DX) in Eastern Europe.  Despite Jeff's good antenna (inverted L with several
elevated radials), most Europeans couldn't hear us until near sunrise in western
Europe when I was able to work a number of stations in western Europe.  The
second night, I was able to work a number of east Europeans (and Jeff worked
9K2NO among others), but the sunrise opening wasn't as strong as it was Friday
night.  Sunday afternoon for the last 75 minutes or so was very poor.  Much
weaker signals than at the same time Saturday afternoon.  73, John, K4BAI.