[3830] ARRL FD K6NV 3A LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Jul 1 20:13:52 EDT 2021

                    ARRL Field Day - 2021

Call: K6NV
Operator(s): K6NV NZ6G WB6CZG KH2TJ W6EU N6XI KB6VTU K6ST W8TJE KI6TRK W6RKP K6NV
Station: K6NV

Class: 3A LP
QTH: Truckee, CA
Operating Time (hrs):

   40:  201     73
   20:  463    103     18
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  808    176     18  Total Score = 1,823

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

We set up at the Stampede Reservoir (~6000 ft ASL) overflow parking lot about 17
miles east of Truckee, with K6NV riding herd over the event.  Thanks to NZ6G and
the US Forest Service for getting us this spot.  Antennas were mostly all wires
expertly launched via pneumatic gun by our ace marksman K6NV.  Most of our
transmitters were Elecraft and our CW station was honored to host a field model
of their new K4 transceiver. Thanks to Rick N6XI and Elecraft for making that
happen.  The Food Report:  Our head chef Lois Moore (K6NV) rolled out excellent
dinners (Italian and Mexican) both nights and Terry W8TJE provided hot burgers
and hot dogs for lunch. Tom AI6TM baked some great home made cinnamon rolls for
breakfasts...KH2TJ provided a cooler full of cold water.
Antennas performed well, mostly dipoles at 60 or more feet high. One new antenna
by NZ6G was the double-extended-zepp up very high that worked well on 20 and
40.
Thanks to the efforts of K6ST, we piled up an additional 1250 bonus points.
(Write-up submitted by W6EU)