[3830] RAC Day VE3NNT SOAB/CW HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Jul 1 22:56:19 EDT 2021

                    RAC Canada Day Contest - 2021

Call: VE3NNT
Operator(s): VE3NNT
Station: VE3NNT

Class: SOAB/CW HP
QTH: FN14cm
Operating Time (hrs): 13:10

   80:   90              8
   40:  226             10
   20:  289             11
   15:  134              9
   10:   12              3
Total:  751     0       41         0  Total Score = 150,224

Club: Contest Club Ontario

Comments:

Like last year, we gave our son the use of the cottage for the long weekend, so
I had to operate remote. The internet was worse than usual, with periods of
packet loss between 5% and 30%. I apologize for having to ask for repeats of
call signs and reports from very strong stations. With these error rates, it was
impossible to understand any characters. Everything was completely garbled. This
lasted for a few hours and was the worst in the afternoon and evenings. At
times, I felt like walking away, but I persevered and ended up with a similar
score to last year.
On the bright side, the new set up with the PGXL worked very well and I had a
chance to practice SO2R.