[3830] RAC Day VA7YJJ SOAB/Ph LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Jul 1 23:37:35 EDT 2021

                    RAC Canada Day Contest - 2021

Call: VA7YJJ
Operator(s): JOSEPH
Station: VA7YJJ

Class: SOAB/Ph LP
QTH: Duncan, BC

  160:   0       0       0         0
   80:   0      14       0         2
   40:   0      21       0         6
   20:   0      24       0         7
   15:   0       0       0         0
   10:   0       0       0         0
    6:   0       0       0         0
    2:   0       0       0         0
Total:   0      59       0        15  Total Score = 9,900

This year I did only Canadian stations so I have no QSO from outside of Canada.
My goal was to get a QSO from all the Provinces and Territories. I missed
Nunavut, Newfoundland and Prince Edward Island. Most of my QSO were done in the
evening - night of June 30th. I had some unexpected issues. My video card on my
computer failed so I had to replace it, I had a spare one from an older computer
and it worked. Also my 20m antenna failed, the connector on the balum was
secured with a string to carry the weight of the coax cable but that string
broke due to weathering, It has not been replaced for 5 years. I soldered a new
connector and secured it with a nylon strap this time. On July 1st, QSO
activities were less diversified due to USA high power stations. Another fun
Canada day.