[3830] RAC Day VE4RAC M/M HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Jul 2 09:20:57 EDT 2021

                    RAC Canada Day Contest - 2021

Call: VE4RAC
Operator(s): VE4DL VE4VT
Station: VE4RAC

Class: M/M HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 18:01

  160:    9      0       4         0
   80:   19     33       5         4
   40:  106     56       8         9
   20:  155    287       8        11
   15:   40     97       7         8
   10:   67    271       4         8
    6:    4      3       3         2
    2:    0      3       0         1
Total:  400    750      39        43  Total Score = 603,684

Club: Radiosport Manitoba

Comments:

A wonderful opportunity to introduce a "non-contester" to the
experience of operating an RAC call. We operated as a Multi-multi but in a
distributed format since there are currently no  suitable multi-op stations
nearby.

As per usual at this time of year, the low bands were very noisey and not a lot
of activity was found.

The sporadic E opening  on 20-6m was a welcome opportunity. Its a shame more
stations didn't try 6m as there were openings to be had. For 90 mins the rate
meter was nearing 200 Q/Hr on 10m. A long time since that has happened.

Thanks for all the Q's and the opportunity to wish all our Canadian and US
friends well as we enter into summer.

Stay safe and cool everyone!

Ed VE4VT and David VE4DL