[3830] Marconi HF OE1CIW Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jul 5 03:24:13 EDT 2021

                    Marconi Memorial HF Contest - 2021

Call: OE1CIW
Operator(s): OE1CIW
Station: OE1CIW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: JN88EE
Operating Time (hrs): 14:43

  160:    1       1
   80:   37      15
   40:  129      27
   20:  126      33
   15:   67      30
   10:   57      21
-----------------------
Total:  417     127  Total Score = 52,959

2021 MARCONI MEMORIAL HF CW Contest OE1CIW SOAB LP

Wheeew ... what a beautiful CW contest and what a battle at the contest online
server ... in the last minutes i lost the battle with UR7MZ so i just got the
place #7 in my category - but that´s awesome for me anyway with my indoor wires
in the middle of BIG GUN stations 😋!

I´m so sorry for stations in the northern parts of the world 😕 ... i´m sure
they had lot of problems to hear somebody during the contest due to the solar
activity recently! Most of them gave rather low numbers so i guess that was the
reason for ...

Just one station on 160 m and few stations on 80 m wkd. Most stations i got in
my log on 40 and 20 m as usual but 15 and 10 m wasn´t bad at all. I only got 10
stations on 40 m and 9 stations on 20 m from USA - that´s all! Americans seemed
to have more interest in the "13 Colonies Special Event" then in the
contest ☹️.

Unfortunately nothing hrd from Japan, Canada or Oceania obviously disturbed due
to the solar flare activity recently. Almost similar propagation to last year
with Sporadic-E on 15 and 10 m.

My highlights on 15 m: 9G5FI Ghana, L33M Argentina, A42K Oman

Propagation could be a lot better but we had already a SFI of 95, so at least i
hrd K2K at sunday 1208 utc on 15 m (!) but he was not active in the Marconi
Memorial Contest and no other NA station hrd on 15 m!

I have nothing hrd from NA on 15 m since a long time so that was a great
surprise! Maybe more luck with NA stations in the IARU HF World Championship
next weekend on 15 m - i´m pretty sure there a much more stations active the
upcoming weekend.

So if you are located in NA and you hopefully take part in the 2021 IARU HF
World Championship the upcoming weekend:

PLEASE turn your 15 m beam to Europe LONG PASS - from 1400 utc to 2100 utc it
should be possible to get Europeans in your 15 m log!

I had my best QSO rate on Saturday evening between 20-21 utc when i had a little
pileup on 40 m with 62 Q/h - what a great feeling to get called by so many
stations - i´m loving it 🙂!

Time ON 14:43 hrs - which is almost 3 hrs less than last year
RUN QSO 141
S&P QSO 276

So ladies and gentlemen ... i hope to meet you again next weekend during the
2020 IARU HF World Championship. I´m doing CW only - what else 😉?

Cuagn next weekend on the HF bands - 73 de Michael, OE1CIW