[3830] RAC Day VA3RAC(@VE3ZF) M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Fri Jul 9 07:34:34 EDT 2021

                    RAC Canada Day Contest - 2021

Call: VA3RAC
Operator(s): VE3ZF VA3FF
Station: VE3ZF

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Manitoulin Isl., ON

  160:    4     10       2         2
   80:   94     96       7         8
   40:  108    194      10        11
   20:  105     65      11        12
   15:   65     83      10        10
   10:   60     25       8         7
    6:    6     70       2         6
    2:    3     43       1         1
Total:  445    586      51        57  Total Score = 792,720

Club: Manitoulin Amateur Radio Club

Comments:

One more DX-pedition to Manitoulin Island is behind.
We have operated from the highest point of Manitoulin Island, Lake Huron.
The top of Mt. McLean has 300 meters above sea level, such high elevation gave
to us the incredible possibility to listen everything on the bands, especially
on VHF.
I came to Manitoulin Island in few days before the RAC Canada Day Contest and in
a very short time were installed 5 elements Yagi on 40 meters, phased verticals
on 40 meters, 2 towers with Spider Beam and 2 elements Yagi on 14-21-28 and
Inverted Vee on low bands as well. For VHF were installed 13 elements Yagi on 2
meters and 4 elements Yagi on 6 meters, such antennas were located on the cliff
with 300 meters height to the Atlantic Canada direction.
Most impressive was antenna 5 elements Yagi on 40 meters, this antenna was
installed on 30 meters height and worked extremely well.
During the contest, we were monitoring Es condition on VHF constantly and after
many attempts, we got a good opening on 6 and 2 meters, it gave us 122 QSOs on
VHF including 10 Canadian provinces on 6 and 2 meters.
I am very thankful to all my friends from Manitoulin Radio Club for their
selfless work with antenna`s installation, also many thanks to all who helped us
to prepare this DX-pedition to rare grid square EN95ax.

73,
Igor VE3ZF