[3830] IARU N4XL SOABCW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 11 07:09:24 EDT 2021

                    IARU HF World Championship - 2021

Call: N4XL
Operator(s): N4XL
Station: N4XL

Class: SOABCW LP
QTH: SC

-------------------------------------

Club: Deep Dixie Contest Club

Comments:

Great to see bands opening so much. Able to get runs on all bands 40 and up.
Surprised to see 15 open late into the evening here too.

Enjoyed the RTS chase. Looked up K1XM and realized my comparitively piddly
station wouldn't be able to compete even if I was located in New England instead
of the Southeast. I'd have given K3IE a run for his money, but had to pull the
plug at 0330. That was five or six hours longer than I figured I'd be able to
operate so am glad I could make him worry for awhile!

Still figuring out the MK2R+ and don't have the features set up for easy use.
Didn't use SO2R much because of that and an issue with my arm. Been saying this
for a long time, but really looking forward to becoming proficient at SO2R.

Was surprised to notice my CW speed has improved. Used to be just a couple years
back that anything over 30 wpm required intense focus. Now am mostly cruising
along without thought at that speed. Still get too many "brain
stutters" though and have to ask for fills on strong signals. Oh well. That
will get better too.

Have to apologize. My arm was killing me. It was hard to focus and decided to
take a break. Came back thirty minutes later and found the rig still on auto CQ.
Sorry for the QRM, taking up a frequency, and for wasting some peoples time.

Kevan N4XL