[3830] IARU AK6W(@N6RO) WRTC Practice HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 11 14:48:15 EDT 2021

                    IARU HF World Championship - 2021

Call: AK6W
Operator(s): N6WM K6AW WX5S N6RO W6DMW
Station: N6RO

Class: WRTC Practice HP
QTH: Radio Oakley - 6
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Remote Operation

  160:    45     2      6        2
   80:   171    17     18       12
   40:   399   107     34       37
   20:   645   156     40       45
   15:   506   169     31       30
   10:   125   242     11        4
-------------------------------------
Total:  1891   693    141      130  Total Score = 2,191,848

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

There was little interest from anyone on the team to do an SO, so we decided to
Join our practicing WRTC friends on the air and just have at it fun style on the
bands, and work all that can be worked, as well as some quality chair and
training time for our newest op (Dave W6DMW).  since a "for fun and
training" deliberate non competitive entry, we chose to fire up with a 3rd
band to keep the fun factor up and keep Dave on the air so this improved numbers
a bit, particularly 10m.  Great to have K6AW on site in the shack and mission
accomplished! summer time contest fun..
10M: W6DMW/WX5S(am coverage)/K6AW- lots of good domestic plus..  over 600qs..
fb.
15M: N6WM(both modes)- 15 was back and in fine shape, open essentially somewhere
almost the entire contest.  best 15 cw and fone runs in years including EU.
20M: K6AW(cw) W6DMW(Ph): the band was interesting, for most of daytime 15m
outperformed 20, but after the terminator 20 sprung back to life.
40M: WX5S(some fone from W6DMW): Matt did a fine job filling the log on 40,
starting out with some good numbers right at the start of the contest and
handling the band throughout the contest.
80M/160M: N6RO: the maestro himself took command of the low bands doing what can
be done in Summer from Northern Hem/W6. Ken is a master low band operator.

Sorry to crash the Practice HP category  on 3830 hihi.. was the closest to what
we were up too. we support all our friends competing in WRTC 100% and M/2 is
where we showed up on the online score board.

Overall Mission accomplished, Dave had some good training time, the regular team
had some great op time and great runs..  keeping the contest juices flowing in
the summer time and having good contesting fun.

Thanks to all for the QSOs, Thanks to Ken for the playground to contest
exuberantly from.

73 and Seeya next time
For the AK6W at N6RO team

Chris