[3830] IARU W7RM(@K2PO) M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 11 23:29:14 EDT 2021

                    IARU HF World Championship - 2021

Call: W7RM
Operator(s): KU1CW K2PO
Station: K2PO

Class: M/S HP
QTH: Oregon

  160:    20            6        1
   80:    82           15        9
   40:   426    16     33       39
   20:   893   276     49       52
   15:   297    12     25       25
   10:    90            7        5
-------------------------------------
Total:  1808   304    135      131  Total Score = 1,831,144

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Alex, KU1CW, and I dipped our toes into the world of M-S in-band (second rig)
operation (on 40-10m).  We learned a lot, and found many station improvements
that might be made.  But it was a good first start.

Bands were in good shape, all things considered.  Due to a strong overnight
trans-polar opening on 20m, our European QSO count exceeded our Asian QSO count.
 In particular, our counts were (on 80/40/20/15):

Europe: 1/33/318/28
Asia:     9/140/153/28

Outside North America, our 10M QSOs were in LU, CE, CX and KH6.
We had no 160m QSOs outside North America (but logged KP2).

40% of our QSOs were outside North America.

Tnx to Alex for dozens of hours of prep work in the weeks before the contest,
including tracking down local noise sources, doing deferred maintenance,
configuring antennas/ feedlines/ grounding/ power distribution to minimize
inter-station interference, etc., etc.

73,

/Bill, K2PO