[3830] IARU ON3DI SOAB(A)CW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jul 12 08:01:23 EDT 2021

                    IARU HF World Championship - 2021

Call: ON3DI
Operator(s): ON3DI
Station: ON3DI

Class: SOAB(A)CW LP
QTH:

  160:
   80:   86             5       19
   40:  138            11       28
   20:  231            12       26
   15:  118             6       19
   10:   52             6       19
-------------------------------------

Club: Italian Contest Club

Comments:

Hi everybody

Next contest after the wpx cw with his ups and his downs. Third ear that I have
done this contest and must admit, I like this one. Participation is nice,
normally good weather and conditions.

My dad replaced the 10m and was very curious how it would perform. I started the
contest on 15m and mmust say, soon I realised that the conditions weren't that
good on this band compared to last year. Worked some USA and VE but less. Anyway
went to 10m and first qso there was with D4Z, first DX on that band in years, he
was weak but had good ears! Other DX was EA8RM, antenna perfomed well so now it
is hoping for a good solar cycle!
The plan was doing a lot of S&P in the beginning of the contest and I did,
sweaping 20m, worked nothing really special. Rates were around 0 qso's/h at the
beginning. Hoped for a bit more.
I knew when I went to 40m and 80m that I would be prepared for the QRM, learned
that of the previous contest. And indeed 80m was very noisy and of the 86 qso's,
95% were runing qso's. HQ came back, UA9, ... those 2 hours were fun with the
dipole.
Did'nt had the same feeling on 40m and that is also the band that performed less
compared to last year.
Highlight was working LU on that band, don't do that every week.

When I see it now, think I had to be qrv more in the night on 20m, conidtions
seemed ok to USA but i prefered going to bed. Had some crazy busy work weeks and
knew that the coming weeks would be even hard.

On Sunday I called a lot CQ, maybe to much. Rates were low unless I did S&P,
bit pitty! My cw is impoving by calling CQ. Anyay called CQ and had respons on
each band, even on 10m, lovely!

Happy to work a lot of stations on 5 bands, and happy to work OP0HQ on 4 bands,
just missed 15m.

My average was 33 qso's/hour, last year it was 37. The top stations in my
category have the double. I know I have to be qrv more but in a contest of 24h,
difficult ;-).
Worked 17 zones and of course zone 28 was my top zone with 326 qso's. Again
around 10% of my qso's are DX.

So enjoyed the contest, wasn't a contest that I pushed myself to the limit,
having fun was important and some sleep ;-). The next one I don't know yet, not
sure I will do CQ WW RTTY.

Thanks for all the qso's!

ON3DI

ft897, 25w, dipoles and vertical