[3830] NAQP RTTY K6KM(@W6SRR) Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 18 02:37:34 EDT 2021

                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: K6KM
Operator(s): K6KM
Station: W6SRR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: CA
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Remote Operation

   10:    2     1
-------------------
Total:  458   136  Total Score = 62,288

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC Team #1

Comments:

First of: Thanks to Gary: NA6O and Ian: W6TCP for letting me use their fine
Remote Station: W6SRR.
I committed 10 hours and strategized before the contest. Conditions were not
that great, particularly on 80m. I believe there were lots of thunderstorms in
the central part of the US and many stations were deaf.
10m of course, did not open much. Just spent a few minutes getting the CA
multiplier. 15m was ok but not a blast. 20m was decent. 40m was hard to start
from W6 since when East Coast is having a party we have way too much sun. So I
resorted to S&P for the first hour and finally at some point I could get
traction running. 80m was similar, did S&P at first and tried to run scoring
some distant stations but not for long.
The last hour was painful with fewer stations responding CQ's. Almost was more
productive to S&P but given there's no assistance, it becomes time
consuming. Online scoring kept things lively. It surely is a motivator for BIC.
Hope to help Team #1 win again!
Thanks for the QSOs and thanks again for the use of W6SRR. Not a single
technical flaw in the operation.