[3830] CQWW VHF KO9A SOAB QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 18 19:16:05 EDT 2021

                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest - 2021

Call: KO9A
Operator(s): KO9A
Station: KO9A

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: EN52xc

    6:  269   103
Total:  319   126  Total Score = 46,494

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Highlights:

- 10 EU made it in the log...VERY unexpected!
- Great 6m openings to W1/W2/VE1/2/3!
- 2m Es!
- Many ops passed this year's hearing test.  Always impressed by the high power
stations that can hear me during a marginal opening or long tropo path.
- Heard a significant number of new to VHF callsigns in W9 land.  Hope the trend
continues!

Lowlights:
- Despite awesome Es to New England, the best clock hour here was only 40Qs.
QRM didn't seem to be the issue.  There was a volume problem on all modes.  I
don't perceive it to be an FT8 issue, seemed like more of an overall activity
lull.  Curious to see the final log submission #s.
- Heard WAY more Eu than what made it into the log.  Some with crazy high
signals levels(>+ 20).  Can only speculate at the local noise levels and/or
extreme power levels being run.  Whatever the issue, the presence of an issue
was obvious.
- Given the areas in the 2m Es spotlight, I am very disappointed to have not at
least heard more stations via Es.

73

Jim KO9A