[3830] CQWW VHF N2JMH SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 18 19:29:33 EDT 2021

                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest - 2021

Call: N2JMH
Operator(s): N2JMH
Station: N2JMH

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: FN12bw

    6:  206   121
Total:  334   155  Total Score = 51,770

Club: Rochester VHF Group

Comments:

This was supposed to be a relaxing contest. Everything was ready, no last minute
repairs, just sit in the shack and operate.

Contest starts and I get multiple calls and texts from my bank, yup, fraud
alert, someone has access to my debit card. Spend a couple hours getting that
straight. No lost funds. We also got close to 3” of rain on Saturday, it just
rained all day. Basement is taking on water, not bad but it’s gotta be taken
care of. It’s coming in my electric pipe going to my barn that also feeds the
shack. Hmmm, water and electric. Get that fixed up. Not my install FYI.

Catch some nice openings on 6 to Midwest and west coast. Worked some nice runs
on voice and battled it out on digital. In hindsight I should have spent more
time on voice but the distractions in the basement kept me pre occupied.

Start fresh Sunday with some meteor scatter and catch some brief Europe opening.
That’s it, band closes. Have some lunch and afterwards a woodchuck decides it
wants to come on my porch. I have a couple house dogs and this turns into a full
blown WWF cage match. My sweet 70 lb female lab launches this poor woodchuck 10
feet in the air. Welcome to country living.

So, interesting contest, thanks to CQ for sponsoring and everyone getting on the
air. This makes almost a full year since I’ve been back on the air. Sure did
miss this crazy hobby and look forward to bigger and better.

73, Jim n2jmh