[3830] CQWW VHF NC6K SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jul 19 00:04:23 EDT 2021

                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest - 2021

Call: NC6K
Operator(s): NC6K
Station: NC6K

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: SDG

    2:    4     2
-------------------
Total:  160    92  Total Score = 15,088

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

How do we know it's a VHF contest weekend in Southern CA? Easy - the bands are
dead. Saturday was very spotty with the occasional moderate opening to the NE
US. The QSB was bad and I found myself excited about a 30 Q/hour rate. I spent
quite a bit of time on CW and managed a whopping 4 QSOs. I even managed to pick
up a single 2 M FM simplex contact and worked 160 miles away on 2 M with 75 W
and a 4-element yagi at 20'. Activity on 2 M was poor to say the least.

For those who are bemoaning the lack of CW and SSB activity on VHF during
contests, I suggest we petition the contest organizers to give us 5 points each
for those modes - maybe it'll spur more competition on the legacy modes.

Thanks to all for the Qs and see you next year.

73 de NC6K