[3830] YOTA 9A21Y(@9A1TT) M/S-Youth HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Jul 19 05:26:14 EDT 2021

                    YOTA Contest - 2021

Call: 9A21Y
Operator(s): KA4RLL M0NCG SQ8L TA2AXZ TA2BDD TA4AHV TA7AZC
Station: 9A1TT

Class: M/S-Youth HP
QTH: JN85GV
Operating Time (hrs): 12
Remote Operation

   80:   63      8     43
   40:   45     74     61
   20:    4    440     82
   15:         114     61
   10:          35     28
---------------------------
Total:  112    671    275  Total Score = 508,200

Wow.  A real blast!  Once again the operation was 100% remote (including myself
as coach) and apart from some intermittent SWR issues on 15m, that interrupted
our initial run there, the station performed flawlessly, thanks to
RemoteHamRadio.com, 4O3A.com and FlerxRadio.com.

Back in May, for the 1st round we claimed no.1 spot but having opted for a very
simple approach to logging (to avoid vpns and networking 10 PCs around the
world) I then compiled the log manually and failed to indicate the Mult/Run stn
for each QSO in our log!!! The result was a UBN of -24%.  This time around we
have fewer ops and opted for a networked approach using DXLog. Thank you Mark
(M0NCG) for hosting the server!

Some of the ops had never seen DXLog before, and were introduced to it just a
few days prior to the contest...so it was a steep learning curve for some of
them.  This decision paid off, as we see an increase of cca.+30% in our claimed
thanks to a 30% higher number of mults.

That said, trying to coach 15-22 year old kids (for some of whom, English is not
their native language) remotely on "how to PASS mults", taking in to
account band to band propagation and the 10min rule was a massive challenge!
But that's what operating from 9a1tt is all about. Newbies are not screened
based on previous experience or achievements. Everyone gets to ride in the hot
seat :-).

Kudos to Mark and Karl (KA4RLL) who showed us all how to do it. With most
youngsters hungry to run, run & run some more, I announced a special prize
at the start of the contest, that would be awarded to the op who achieved the
most MULT PASSES.  Karl (KA4RLL) achieved more than 15 of these with just 2hrs
in the RUN seat! Well done Karl!  Your prize awaits : either a professional USB
footswitch (made by DK2RO)OR a 12hr contest at 9a1tt as SO or MO (where you
choose the team).

Thank you to all the ops for making my Sunday pass a little faster than usual,
proving the station can perform and compete at a high level and for reassuring
us all, that the future of youngsters in contesting is a bright one :-)!

Equipment:
RUN Flex 6600 + Flex PGXL (never above legal limit: 1.5KW)
MULT Flex 6300 + OM Power 2000A+ (never above legal limit: 1.5KW)
Optibeam monobanders 10-40m (7-4el)
80m 4-square (no beverages at this time)

Thanks to all that called!  See in you all in round 3!

73 9a1tt