[3830] IOTA BI4SSB M/2 HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Jul 25 22:28:34 EDT 2021

                    IOTA Contest - 2021

Call: BI4SSB
Operator(s): BA4TB BD4TS BD4SVT BD4TSK BH4TVU
Station: BI4SSB

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: Kaishan,AS-135

   40:  109       17      37      13
   20:  479       49      60      18
   15:  237       31      92      24
   10:   11        3      23       7
Total:  836      100     212      62  Total Score = 1,621,620

Club: Bavarian Contest Club

Comments:

We are now detained on the island due to Typhoon In-Fa...,with limited power and
internet access.

Preparation: Landing on the island requires multiple documentations by the
authority,it tooks a large amount of time and hard work to be approved.
We planned to be Mutli Two in the contest and will have 6m station before the
contest.

Operation: When we start the journey,we found that the Triplexer missed in the
package,that means we would not be able to use the SpiderBeam for 2 stations,had
to install an additional Dipole antenna for station 2.
The crank pole for the SpiderBeam was broken,to the SpiderBeam is only at 5
meters high using a fixed pole.
Participation seems quite low except some openning to Europe,and running SSB
never had a good run.
The power supply on the island is the batteries charged by the solar power
pannels,we had power supply shortage several hours during the operation.

Thanks all for calling.

Rig: Flex 6400 / IC-7300
Linears: 500w / 300w
Antennas: SpiderBeam / Dipole / 5ele for 6m