[3830] WPX CW 3V8SS(KF5EYY) SOAB TB-Wires LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jun 1 02:43:47 EDT 2021

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: 3V8SS
Operator(s): KF5EYY
Station: 3V8SS

Class: SOAB LP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: Sousse

   20: 1156

Club: Rhein Ruhr DX Association

Comments:

For the first time, I relied on my "3V8SS" RBN to deliver spots. The
node is located 130km south of 3V8SS Station. It uses the two receivers of a
RedPitaya device; DXE preamp at the bottom of a 4m vertical for the highbands
and a 17m toploaded vertical for 40/80/160. The RBN generated nearly a total of
50'000 spots during the contest!

Spots from VE7CC were filtered to exclusively show 3V8SS RBN ones in DXLog. That
delivered spots with high frequency accuracy of stations with (relatively) high
possibility to work from 3V8SS station.

I was surprised the RBN delivered a lot of spots - on all bands - that I can't
even hear in 3V8SS Station equipped with a tribander, 2-phased verticals for 40
and an inv-L for 80/160. The noise level is certainly lower at the RBN location
but I think that's more related to going "just a bit" further south.

I prepared the set up for a 2BSIQ operation. One mistake that I didn't consider
is the SN that has to be sent to stations I worked. That rendered 2BSIQ less
productive and I had to send a different SN to stations whenever a I loose
synchronization.

Thank you all for the QSOs! Take care and see you in the next one insh'Allah!

73

Ash KF5EYY
3V8SS 3V8SF
www.kf5eyy.info