[3830] WPX CW W5MX M/S HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jun 1 11:16:44 EDT 2021

                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: W5MX
Operator(s): W5MX K4FT
Station: W5MX

Class: M/S HP
QTH: KY

   20: 1273

Club: Kentucky Contest Group

Comments:

Was great to have John K4FT come down and operate a few hours on Saturday which
made this a M/S effort. Terry AJ4A and Clayton KJ4YLR also visited a bit on
Saturday, was good to see them. The first time we have all been together at the
contest site in over a year due to Covid and other issues.
The contest itself was a blast, I love this one! Condx were good for the most
part, with 20 being the major workhorse from here. Propagation improved through
the weekend as others pointed out. There was very odd fading noise and QSB on
Sat to EU from here which resulted from the space wx. Great opening Sunday
morning local time on 20, open all the way through Europe and Asia/JA at the
same time. 40 wasn't too bad most of the weekend either with some good long
openings. The allure of the higher point QSO's can make it hard to make a
decision to break away to higher bands at times. 80 was quite noisy here and
didn't even try 160.
Now to get to work on station improvements over the summer and get ready for the
next contest "season".
73's all!
Bryan W5MX