[3830] ARRL June VHF K6HS Multi-Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jun 15 03:17:11 EDT 2021

                    ARRL June VHF Contest - 2021

Call: K6HS
Operator(s): WA6ZTY N6IV KB6BA K6HS
Station: K6HS

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: SJV

  222:   28     5
  432:   47     6
  903:    2     2
  1.2:    9     5
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  322    90  Total Score = 37,710

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Comments:

Probably our best score ever. Owe it mainly to the sustained 6m opening and
paying more attention to the FM simplex channels. Got a late start on 6m FT8 due
to a port problem, probably missed a bunch of grids while debugging it. Location
was 6000' Blue Mountain in Calaveras County reached by 18 miles of logging
roads. The contest weekend weather was pleasant and was between two hot spells,
we lucked out! Camped overnight at the site.
Rigs were:
6m IC7610 3 element Yagi
2m IC9700 7 element Yagi
70cm IC9700 10 element Yagi
23cm IC9700 22 element Yagi
Various FM mobile radios on 2m, 1.35m, 70cm, and 33cm,Omni vertical antennas and
small Yagi on 33cm.
Ran most of the contest on 180AH Lithium battery pack.