[3830] ARRL June VHF N2WK Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jun 15 05:52:25 EDT 2021

                    ARRL June VHF Contest - 2021

Call: N2WK
Operator(s): N2WK
Station: N2WK

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: WNY

  903:   15     8
  1.2:   14     7
  2.3:   12     7
  3.4:    8     5
  5.7:    7     5
  10G:   21     7
  24G:    7     3
-------------------
Total:  334   170  Total Score = 102,510

Club: Rochester VHF Group

Comments:

What a blast working the rovers. Nothing pleases me more then running the bands
with a rover and of course another well equipped fixed station. But I need to
single out KF2MR/R. What a great operator and well equipped rover station. We
did a clean sweep of 10 bands in 4 grids. What a trill, good stuff. Thanks to
all the rovers who went out especially the rovers who had 10G/24G with them.

When a rover gets my attention I like to work the rover right away,  never keep
a rover waiting. Worked K2UA/R in 3 grids on 24G and K2DH/R in 2 grids on 24G.
I put an 80% effort in the contest and finished early. I started to get tired by
Sunday afternoon and needed to take a break. Sorry I may of missed a few
stations/rovers.

 Now that the test is over I still don't like the fact that Digital was included
in all the VHF tests. It's very difficult to move stations up the bands above 2
meters. The other issues that bother me is when to log an FT8 QSO and not to log
it? I had many stations send me RR73 and then disappear. I logged them but not
sure if they logged me? Also I sent RR73 to stations and never got a return 73
so I logged them as well but still not convinced it was a good Q. The ARRL will
sort it out but I hate getting those plenty points subtracted from my score.

I would like to see an FT8/FT4 and other digital modes VHF contest which I would
participate in and the digital dropped from the regular VHF tests. Just my
opinion and I'm from the old school so I would like to see more 6m, 2m,  222MHz
and above activity on SSB/CW.