[3830] ARRL June VHF WA7BNM Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Tue Jun 15 21:28:17 EDT 2021

                    ARRL June VHF Contest - 2021

Call: WA7BNM
Operator(s): WA7BNM
Station: WA7BNM

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: S.Calif
Operating Time (hrs):

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  127    50  Total Score = 6,350

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

Rig: IC-7610 - 100 watts
Antenna: SteppIR DB-36 with 6m add on at 70 ft
100% FT8

Since I don't have a logging program integrated with WSJT-X, I pretty much
followed the strategy of calling CQ and letting the other stations decide
whether I was a dupe. Didn't always work well - had 4 QSOs with each of 2
stations, and 2 back-to-back QSOs with one. Wish there was a special FT8 message
for missing grid square (had a couple of QSOs with no grid) so didn't log them.

As everyone has noted, Saturday was OK, while Sunday was a bust. Best DX on
Saturday was EN82 (3155 km). Sunday's best was DM16.

Maybe I'll buy a VHF/UHF transceiver, but not sure low verticals will work well
enough on 144 and 432 to make it worth it here in the SF valley.

73 de Bruce, WA7BNM   (bhorn at hornucopia.com)