[3830] ARRL June VHF N0JK Single Op Port QRP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Jun 16 10:25:13 EDT 2021

                    ARRL June VHF Contest - 2021

Call: N0JK
Operator(s): N0JK
Station: N0JK

Class: Single Op Port QRP
QTH: EM28

    6:   8      8
    2:   5      5
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  13     13  Total Score = 169

My QRP portable setup was legacy gear -- the venerable MFJ-9406 on 6 Meters and
Kenwood TR-751A on 2 Meters. Both radios were used on digital modes. The MFJ
does well on FT8. Antennas: 2 element yagi for 6 Meters and M2 7 element on 2
Meters.  Very hot both days. Some local tropo Sunday morning on 2 Meters with
best DX KB0ZOM EN00 and K0TPP EM48 on 144.174 MHz FT8. No one on SSB.

Only one SSB contact on 6 Meters -- NS4T EM73. FT8 was where the action was.

Success in a contest is up to you. For me, working CM2RSV EL83 and picking up 3
rare FFMA grids -- W7GJ DN38, W4UDH/R FM13 & N4EME FN57 made the contest.