[3830] ARRL June VHF W5TN/R Limited Rover LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sat Jun 19 10:58:27 EDT 2021

                    ARRL June VHF Contest - 2021

Call: W5TN/R
Operator(s): W5TN W5KYE
Station: W5TN/R

Class: Limited Rover LP
QTH:

  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  617   110  Total Score = 67,870

Club: Roadrunners Microwave Group

Comments:

Roved with a 2nd operator for the first time, my good friend W5KYE.  Made many
more 222 contacts this time with a new Q5 Transverter.  Fabulous 6 meter
openings both days but I sure wish people would operate SSB instead of 6M FT8 on
the openings when signals are strong.  Many more contact could be made.  Only
made a couple of CW contacts and most of those were back to K5TR on 6m far out
from EM00.  Used N1MM logger again this time, and connected WSJT-X directly to
N1MM, this made FT8 easier but changing grids was a pain, once in WSJT-X and
once in N1MM.  Not sure how to get around that.  This was W5KYE's first contest
and it was great to have another driver who is a ham.  We swapped out from time
to time, and this made for a much safer rover experience.  I set the radios up
in the back seat of the truck this time as well.  New personal best score.