[3830] WVQP VE3CRU Single OpMixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Jun 23 08:50:25 EDT 2021

                    West Virginia QSO Party - 2021

Call: VE3CRU
Operator(s): VE3CRU
Station: VE3CRU

Class: Single OpMixed LP
QTH:

   80:
   40:   3      6       0
   20:   0      1       0
----------------------------
Total:   3      7       0  Mults = 9  Total Score = 380

The contest started off great, with first qso 3 minutes from the start with
N8II, followed 2 minutes later by N8OYY/m.  Managed to catch W8WVA on 40 cw
then soon after on ssb with a commanding signal both times.  Only 1 qso on 20.

2 hours into the contest the band seemed to go flat.  Unknown to me at the time
a foul pl-259 center pin connection broke loose at the receiver end.
Had fun for the limited time I was able to operate.

A new certificate has been added starting with this contest to be given for 1st
Canada and 1st DX that will attract more needed participation in the contest.
It was created less than 24 hours before the start of the contest
so no time to preannounce it.  Good luck to the winners of each.

Thanks to the sponsors and to all who participated and gave out points.

73,

Bill Burgess   VE3CRU ..........now /Retired rover