[3830] CWopsT K9ZO Single Op HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Wed Jun 23 14:43:35 EDT 2021

                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Jun 23

Call: K9ZO
Operator(s): K9ZO
Station: K9ZO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: il
Operating Time (hrs): 58 min

Total:  150  Mults = 144  Total Score = 21,600

Club: Metro DX Club

Comments:

There is still a bug with the TX hanging when you touch the paddles.  Lost 2
minutes at the start!
38 wpm.  Propagation in every direction using the 30/40 vertical.  As expected,
the SteppIR did not resonate on 40 meters. Mistook W7OM for a W4 because he was
so loud.  Visitors stayed at the house all week, so did not use my CW fist much.
 Relaxing for the arthritis, so my CW was much better.  We installed the sump
pump and battery backup pump that the plumber left unfinished.  Made provisions
for a radon fan too.  Diagnosed the chimney leak to poor initial design. Family
had lots of time to visit my folks.  Held a gathering of 20 people for Father's
Day.  This was the first time all the cousins got together here since before the
pandemic. Fixed all the downspouts around the house.  At 1312Z went to 40 WPM.
At 1315Z had 50, but slowing at 1329.  By 1338Z lots of CQs needed and band
activity was light.  Went to 20, but signals were weak.  Returned to 30 for a
bit of S&P.  But a lot of spots were missing. If you wait until the very end
to S&P many of the guys are doing the same thing, so it is better to S&P
about 20 minutes before the end.