[3830] NCQP K3TD Mobile Mixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 1 09:11:52 EST 2021

                    North Carolina QSO Party - 2021

Call: K3TD
Operator(s): K3TD K4QPL
Station: K3TD

Class: Mobile Mixed LP
QTH: NC

   80:   88     0       0
   40:  270     0       0
   20:  175     0       0
   15:    1     0       0
   10:    0     0       0
    6:    0     0       0
    2:    0     0       0
----------------------------
Total:  534     0       0  Mults = 61  Total Score = 97,722

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

What a party! Jim, K4QPL, only returned from VP5 (ARRL DX CW) late Saturday
night and we only started preparing the mobile Sunday morning. A few glitches
when the DC line to the rear of the Audi wouldn't hold key-down voltage and K3
shut down. Had to quickly put a motorcycle battery in parallel inside the car.
Worked fine but couldn't get N1MM+ loaded properly to insert the {roverqth}
county. Probably op issue but got it working and we only started at 1545. Noise
was the theme after that--band noise and line noise, sometimes lasting for miles
along the highway. Nevertheless we had fun with our loyal following of VE/K and
DX ops tracking us into each new county. When we tried to move to 15 we found RF
was getting into the USB line and locking up the computer which required reboots
and that took time to trace the problem and get going again. Thanks to Rusty,
W6OAT, while we tried to get it working and eventually just logged him without
the K3 attached.
Tad as usual did the heavy lifting on navigation while having his ears blasted
from the noise and pileups on the speaker.We took regular breaks and tried to
enjoy the trip so our hours were limited.
Thanks to the organizers for making things happen and most of all to all the ops
who chased us around this great state of North Carolina.
73,
Jim, K4QPL
Tad, K3TD