[3830] NCQP AB1J SO CW LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 1 09:43:27 EST 2021

                    North Carolina QSO Party - 2021

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: SO CW LP
QTH: Waltham, MA
Operating Time (hrs): 5:15

----------------------------
Total:   89     0       0  Mults = 40  Total Score = 10,560

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

NC always turns out a lot of CW ops which makes for a good contest.

Conditions were poor and I was surprised to be heard as well as I was. Grateful,
though. There are some good ops down there in the Tar Heel State.

Toward the end of the contest the K1USN Slow Speed Test (CQ SST ...) folks
showed up on 80m. I'd never encountered them before. It would be fun to join in
to help boost the art of CW.

I was amused by Duplin County stations sending DUP. The first time I heard it
the signal was weak and hard to copy and I thought the NC station had only dupes
calling him.  Weird and unlikely.  Eventually figured it out.  My state (of
mind) should have been DUH.

I recently learned about a utility to convert county abbreviations to complete
names in ADIF files:

http://software.ad1c.us/ADIF_County/index.html

It worked well and relieved me of an burdensome manual conversion. Thank you,
AD1C.

73,
Ken, AB1J

Flex 6500
N1MM Logger+  ViewProp
20m attic dipole
80m & 40m outdoor 66' outdoor stealth wire with indoor counterpoise
LoTW  eQSL  ClubLog