[3830] CQ160 SSB W4VIC Single Op Assisted HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 1 12:41:35 EST 2021

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: W4VIC
Operator(s): W4VIC
Station: W4VIC

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: VA

Total:  QSOs = 45  State/Prov = 21  Countries = 1  Total Score = 2,310

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

In testing setup I found high SWR on the Inv L antenna. Turns out the horizontal
element had fallen and was draped over metal gutter and a tower guy wire.
Hastily made H-A repair as best I could. Antenna worked well below 1.9 MHz but
not so well above that, not at all above 1.9200. Not wanting to strain the amp
(which was required for any Qs) I limited my participation. I'm not much for SSB
ops anyway, so no great loss here. Even so, it's always fun to work friends and
acquaintances no matter the band or mode. Thanks for the Qs. 73, Vic W4VIC