[3830] NCQP KT4Q SO Mixed HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Mon Mar 1 16:41:00 EST 2021

                    North Carolina QSO Party - 2021

Call: KT4Q
Operator(s): KT4Q
Station: KT4Q

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: NC

   80:   11    162
   40:   18    367      2
   20:    3    169
----------------------------
Total:   32    698      2  Mults = 112  Total Score = 168,524

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Well that was a lot of fun.  Even with operating off a OCF Dipole and a little
of a vertical for DX, I work some large pileups for hours.  I was also surprised
to work so many counties.  I think due to my location being in the far western
part of the state, I was able to work well over 50% of the counties to my east.
20m was open mainly to the western US.  40m was open all over and 80m was good
for the eastern 2/3rds of the US.  I worked all states except HI and AK and
about half the Provinces.  I can't wait until next year when I get a tower up
with a beam.

Found that the proximity of my Carolina Windom too close to my house causes all
the LED lights to flicker and some significant feedback on my headset mic on
80m.  Once I backed the power down to 450w it went away.

I worked 6 of the 8 bonus stations so added 300 points to my score.

Rig:   Yaesu FTdx5000 MPL
Amp:   Alpha 9500 (1500w)
Tuner: Palastar AT4K
Ants:  Carolina Windom @ 40',  Cushcraft R7 Vertical @ 7'