[3830] CQ160 SSB AJ6T Single Op LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Mar 4 00:38:00 EST 2021

                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: AJ6T
Operator(s): AJ6T
Station: AJ6T

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TN
Operating Time (hrs): 8:08

Total:  QSOs = 325  State/Prov = 45  Countries = 8  Total Score = 40,015

Club: Tennessee Contest Group

Comments:

I found propagation surprisingly good in this contest.  My top loaded
T-vertical supported by trees worked very well, and I seldom used my single NE
Beverage since signals were arriving from all directions. I was pleasantly
surprised to be able to work a few Europeans with just 100 watts, and I was even
more surprised to be able to hold a run frequency calling CQ.  A number of west
coast stations were worked on the first night, but almost none on the second
night. The "cone of silence" for NVIS propagation made it difficult to
complete with close-in stations.  Rig: K3s 100 watts.
73, Walt, AJ6T