[3830] NCQP K8MR Mobile SO Mixed LP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Thu Mar 4 14:52:44 EST 2021

                    North Carolina QSO Party - 2021

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Mobile SO Mixed LP
QTH: NC

   80:  103
   40:  552      5
   20:  187      8
----------------------------
Total:  842     13      0  Mults = 57  Total Score = 145,293

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

The trip through the Carolinas was an opportunistic event resulting from a new
grandson arriving in Cleveland on Feb. 2. My wife has been up there since late
January, so I was due for a drive north to see the new boy and eventually bring
my wife back to Florida to thaw out.

I did single operator, driving myself. I try to do the serious pileups while
parked, and then do the mop-up operating while driving, recording the contest
for later transcription. So I will often suddenly go quiet when the road
situation warrants, or disappear for periods, especially passing through towns.

As noted in my SCQP report, in NC I was down to one antenna mount, so changing
bands involved stopping to swap out the HamSticks. And in NC I also encountered
a recording problem, losing perhaps a hundred QSOs off the numbers above. I'll
be in touch with the sponsors to let them know that certain blocks of QSOs were
real QSOs that got screwed up on my end.

It was a lot of fun. Great rates, lots of friends worked. I hope to catch you
from the roads of Florida in April and from Ohio in August. And in lots of other
contests as well.

73  -  Jim   K8MR