[3830] ARRLDX SSB PJ4G(W1MD) SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 7 17:21:34 EST 2021

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: PJ4G
Operator(s): W1MD
Station: PJ4G

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 1
Remote Operation

Total:  213    43  Total Score = 27,477

Had planned another full out effort to win. Got one hour in on Friday night with
213 Q's. Saturday morning listening around 6am local...and lost the Flex.

Station was playing GREAT. Signal reports were S9+10 to +30 all across the
states. Not sure exactly what happened but when the Flex loses power it needs a
'local' touch...at least that is what occurred in this case. It was going to be
several hours before 'local' help could get there to give it the 'local' touch
so I decided to work the 'honey do' list around the house this weekend instead.

The Beloud team were excellent with support. They are working on some upgrades
to make things smoother and more "operator" proof. :) This has been an
extremely challenging year with CV19 and not being able to travel to the island
to perform local maintenance. Look for good stuff to happen in the coming year.

I'm going to try and be on for WPX SSB...hopefully PJ4X

Congrats to K3LR (US/VE) and IR4K (DX) leaders on the leader board.

73,

Marty
PJ4G / W1MD