[3830] ARRLDX SSB KU8E SOAB HP

webform at b4h.net webform at b4h.net
Sun Mar 7 19:36:47 EST 2021

                    ARRL DX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: KU8E
Operator(s): KU8E
Station: KU8E

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 12:40

  160:   14     9
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  367   153  Total Score = 168,453

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

Elecraft K3/100, Acom 1000 and wires

Wasn't really planning on getting on for the contest because I really don't like
DX SSB contests that much. My first QSO wasn't until 2200z on Saturday. I
figured the mess from packet spots would be mostly over by then. Also there are
too many cheaters that claim 100 watts when they are probably are running a KW.
Many many stations don't give their call sign for a long time. Many of those
stations are deaf as well. The South Americans are the worse offenders by far. I
guess the ARRL doesn't really care about cheating compared to CQ. I don't know
how anyone would feel good about their contest result and knowingly cheat.  I
guess I just live by a different standard. BTW did they raise the power limit in
Italy? I worked several stations who sent 700 as their power instead of the
usual 500.

Jeff KU8E